Thinking of a change? Igniter Tickets TM (Igniter) offers a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow with our dynamic team and exciting industry. We are always searching for talent. Please see the current positions below, or, feel free to send us your resume for the heck of it!
Senior Rails Developer: Remote
Igniter Tickets delivers fully integrated, web-based event and ticketing solutions to clients in many sectors. Our core business is giving clients the ability to sell tickets online with a solid platform. The company was founded in 2010 and continues to experience rapid growth. We are building our teams primarily in Edmonton and Calgary with a strong emphasis on remote work and collaboration.
We are seeking a senior Rails developer who thrives in a growing, energetic, and innovative organization fostering creativity, innovation, and accountability to team goals. You will join our development and operations teams with an agile workflow to build and ship highly innovative ticketing solutions to our clients.
- Maintain and extend an existing Rails app.
- Write new greenfield Rails apps to help meet the evolving requirements of our clients
- Help outline a plan to upgrade various pieces of our Rails infrastructure to the latest and greatest.
- Scale existing infrastructure to handle higher workloads and demand.
- Work with our team to ensure development goals are met on time, on scope and on budget.
- Assisting with the hiring and leadership of a team of developers.
- Mentor and train junior developer and support staff.
- Work closely with operation and sales teams to provide exceptional customer service to Igniter’s clients both during setup and on an ongoing basis.
Skills and Qualifications
We would like to see:
- Significant experience writing and maintaining Rails applications across several major versions. Some Rails 2 experience is preferred.
- Experience with database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Proficiency with Git SCM (source code management).
- Experience with mobile optimized web development and responsive design.
- Strong testing background and familiarity with TDD.
- Proficient organizational skills and the ability to work under timelines are essential.
- Excellent in-person and online communication skills are essential and fluency in French or Spanish is a plus.
- Must be a self-motivator and self-starter with strong desire to succeed.
Here are some nice-to-haves, but not necessary:
- Some experience with Linux and basic system administration.
- Familiarity with automated configuration management (e.g. Chef).
- Online reporting (Business Intelligence) experience.
- iOS/Android mobile experience or interest.
Igniter offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and expertise. To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include the following:
- Cover letter explaining why you would work well with us, your goals and dreams, and your compensation expectations.
- Examples of your contribution to development projects, if possible.
Download the full posting here.